TÁRKI Social Research Institute is an independent, employee-owned research organisation that specialises in policy research in the fields of social policy and the social consequences of economic policies. This includes related data-collection, archiving and statistical activities. We recently increased our involvement in the areas of strategic market research and health policy analysis. In addition, we regularly contribute to basic research, in the areas of social stratification and inequality, and to the methodology of empirical social research.
Data Archive catalogue search
Search full-text in data documentations
You can search for specific questions in TÁRKI Data Archive
full-text documents (questionnaires, codebooks).
Things You Might Want to Know about TÁRKI Data Archive
- TÁRKI Data Archive stores data collections of empirical social research.
- The data collections contains factographic (ie. numerical) data.
- The research data are mostly from survey research, but we also archives other factographic data collections (eg. historical data, census, etc).
- The datasets are available in digital (machine readable) format.
- The data collections that contains personal data about natural persons - ie. about real people - are anonymized.
- We store the datasets in SPSS (system and partable) and ASCII formats.
- Users need special analytical tools (statistical software) and skills to use the data collections.
- Some of the documentation is available only in Hungarian. We provide translation service to users at cost.
- We provide assistance to Hungarian users in obtaining international data collections from our partners (CESSDA, ICPSR).
Mission statement of TÁRKI Data Archive
- long-term preservation of digital research datasets from domestic and international studies;
- keeping pace with technological change and participation in the development of data archiving standards;
- providing access to data collections of empirical studies for users communities;
- facilitating effective data use by providing access to our own and to our partners' collections.
The mission of our archive is to provide infrastructure service, and support for all stakeholders in social research.